Things are changing rapidly across the country with new legislation related to PFL for coronavirus. Besides maintaining our position as one of the top insurance wholesalers in New York (and beyond), we are striving to be your COVID-19 insurance resource center in New York and across the northeast U.S.
Even before COVID-19 hit the U.S., the DBL Center had been on top of changing paid family leave benefits in Massachusetts and Connecticut – leading to relationships with brokers in new regions.
Whether you’ve been part of the DBL Center family for decades or have recently started writing your policies through us, we compiled a list of 10 things we bet you didn’t know about DBL Center, one of the top insurance wholesalers in New York, serving the tri-state area, New England, and insurance brokers across the U.S.
1. DBL Center’s proprietary Broker Dashboard app makes it easy to remotely manage policies wherever you’re working.
By now, most insurance brokers in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Connecticut have transitioned to remote work as part of shelter-in-place or stay-at-home orders from the governors in their states.
As a cloud-based app, DBL Center’s Broker Dashboard makes it easy for our brokers to log in from any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection. We introduced our Broker Dashboard three years ago to make it easier for brokers to manage their policies in a world just beginning to embrace a mobile workforce.
Now, the Broker Dashboard has become an essential tool during the pandemic, enabling brokers to continue to bind policies and manage accounts while they practice social distancing and work from home.
2. When you bind DBL / PFL in real time, it is automatically linked to your personalized Broker Dashboard.
Even as we fight COVID-19, business continues. Brokers can bind DBL and PFL in real time through our website and new accounts are automatically linked to your personalized Broker Dashboard for easy remote management.
3. DBL Center brokers receive customized Broker Dashboard reports of renewals, cancellations and reinstated policies every two weeks, making it easier to track what you earn – and what you keep.
Reports are automatically emailed on the first and 15th of every month, enabling you to provide your customers with proactive service and also see where your book of business stands at a glance.
4. DBL Center’s chat feature makes it easy to reach a knowledgeable DBL Center rep to answer questions or write policies at any time.
Pandemic or not, we are here to answer your questions and help you bind new policies. You can start a chat with us any time, from any page of our website. Get answers to questions about new legislation related to coronavirus, insurance claims during the pandemic, or anything else related to PFL or DBL in your state.
5. In the past three years, DBL has expanded its offerings from NY, NJ and Hawaii into Massachusetts and Connecticut as a result of new Paid Family Leave policies.
Our home state of New York set the precedent for generous Paid Family Leave policies three years ago and DBL Center was at the forefront of helping brokers transition to DBL policies with PFL riders. Now, we are here to help Connecticut and Massachusetts brokers write Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) coverage in their own states.
6. DBL Center is your go-to source for ever-changing COVID-19 legislation as it relates to paid leave and disability benefits.
We recently launched a COVID-19 resource center for brokers writing DBL and PFL in New York. We were one of the first in our industry to report on the federal Families First Act and how it will affect insurance claims. We are working virtually round-the-clock to provide updated news and information as it happens.
7. DBL Center’s COVID-19 Claim Pre-screening software can save brokers time by weeding out ineligible PFL or DBL Claims related to the coronavirus.
Many people are trying to make PFL claims due to the coronavirus. But the legislation is very specific as to who qualifies for PFL during the coronavirus. Our pre-screening software saves brokers time by enabling business owners, HR representatives, and individuals determine if they or their employees qualify for PFL as a result of coronavirus. In many cases, the answer is no and they should be applying for aid through the Families First Act or filing for unemployment.
8. DBL Center’s video series, Rep Roundtable, spotlights top insurance carriers discussing industry trends.
Our highly regarded video series helps you get to know the people behind the policies you write, follow emerging industry trends, and get ideas to improve your business.
9. DBL Center is a second-generation, family-owned business founded by David Cohen and now owned by his son Michael Cohen.
David Cohen launched the DBL Center in 1976. Michael Cohen took over as President and CEO after his father’s passing. Michael has expanded the business to provide FMLA coverage in Massachusetts. He has also introduced state-of-the-art technology making it even easier for brokers to “keep more of what they earn,” in the words of the late David Cohen.
10. DBL Center is your white-label, white-glove back office team to get your customers the lowest premiums and best service.
David Cohen started The DBL Center based on a business model that followed the boutique hotels he loved to visit on vacations, delivering white-glove, concierge-level service to brokers in a way that was unprecedented at the time.
David Cohen’s legacy lives on in the creativity, vibrancy, and innovation Michael brings to the company. DBL Center continues to deliver the same level of customer service as it always has, leveraging carrier relationships and cutting-edge technology to provide brokers with the lowest premiums available and the highest levels of service.